CLGPS Room 2

The Place To Be

Room 2 important information

on September 8, 2018

Hi everyone

I hope you’re enjoying the weekend so far. I just have a couple of bits of information.

Student Led Conferences are this week coming. I have 12 families that haven’t booked in a time to come in, however the online booking system closed on Thursday night. Can you please email me with a preferred time Jessica.Roberts824@schools.sa.edu.au

The following times are available:

Monday (3:30-4:00 one session free OR 4:00-4:30 OR 4:30-5:00)

Tuesday (3:30-4:00 two sessions free OR 4:00-4:30 OR 4:30-5:00 OR 5:30-6:00 OR 6:30-7:00 OR 7:00-7:30 )

Wednesday (3:30-4:00 one session free OR 4:00-4:30 OR 4:30-5:00 two sessions free)

Thanks to all who have booked in a session.

Homework – On Thursday I sent out a homework task that is Due Wednesday of week 10. This is an assessment task as a part of our History unit and there will be no class time set aside for this other than the time already taken to go through the task. Although it is to be presented as a visual display, students can use technologies to type their information in order to help with neatness and organisation. I will supply poster paper for students. Many assignments throughout high school will require students to complete as a homework task so here is s a rough guideline to keep students on track:

• By the end of week 8 students should have sourced some information based on their inquiry questions, highlighted or taken notes on the key points. The library also has good resources that students could borrow in our Tuesday borrowing time. A list of resources needs to be noted.
  • Throughout week 9 students should be constructing text, relevant to the questions developed, in their own words either directly onto their poster or typed up ready to transfer.
  • Throughout the 3 weeks, students might begin to draw their chosen god. This will be a good opportunity to break up the research and reading. Remind students that this is not the main point of the task so should be given the least amount of time in comparison.
  • Week 10 should be editing and final construction of their display poster.

I have attached the task sheet. Part 2, creating 3 inquiry questions, requires students to answer them as well not just create them. There has been some confusion as it was not stated clearly.

Thanks for your support on this.

God’s task-17lqcj0

Have a good weekend!

4 Responses to “Room 2 important information”

1. Jayne says:

Hi Jess
    I booked Chelsea’s session the day the notes came home. I see you have 2 session for 3.30-4-00. Did you get mine?

2. Chloe says:

Hi,
    With the gods task do we have to get information and then answer the inquiry questions?