CLGPS Room 2

The Place To Be

Week 10 update

on April 3, 2018

Hi everyone

I hope you all had a relaxing Easter weekend. I sure did!

Homework

Maths – Fractions flag design (due Friday)

Enterprise Day – Many student have committed to Enterprise Day stalls that will require some work at home. Please have a chat with your child about what they are doing and contact me if you need help in any way. Stalls include: craft, baked goods, arcade games, mini soccer competitions. Any baking will need a full list of ingredients to account for allergies.

Camp some general info

Please keep in mind that camp deposits should be now paid and notes returned so that we can begin to finalise information.

Parent Teacher Interviews

A massive thanks to everyone for taking the time to come in and see me. It was great to see you all!

A summary of what has been happening in room 2.

Today we had a guest from SA water come in to talk about water resources and management within South Australia. Students asked some great questions providing an interesting discussion. An interesting point made was the percentage of fresh water available to the world. Ask your child about this and see if they can explain the situation that Cape Town, South Africa, is currently facing.

This Friday afternoon the year 6/7 cohort are taking part in a Garbage Bag Fashion Show. Students have been working in groups to design a particular piece of clothing. Stay tuned for photos to follow.

DCSI clearance and RAN

Our school wouldn’t function without the fantastic help of parent volunteers. I just need to remind you that in order for parents to attend any outside excursions, camps etc a current DCSI clearance and RAN training certification is compulsory. Many of the existing certificates have come to their expiry so please contact our front office for details to ensure that you have relevant and up to date documentation.

That’s all for now. Have a great week

Jess 🙂